24th and 25th November 2015 : 1st business convention of the Université Paris-Saclay on "Big Data"
Université Paris-Saclay is organizing its first Business Convention (BDBC) on the theme "Big Data" in Saclay. This is an ambitious event with a national scope targeting challenges and opportunities of Big Data including data sciences, business potential. Nozha Boujemaa, Director of the Inria Saclay Ile-de-France research centre, is head of the organizing committee of this convention to be held on 24th and 25th November 2015 at HEC Paris.
- Date : 24/11/2015 to 25/11/2015
- Place : HEC Paris
- Guest(s) : Axelle Lemaire - Minister of State for the Digital Sector, Christopher Bishop - Director Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Organiser(s) : Université Paris-Saclay
Under the patronage of Axelle Lemaire, Minister of State for the Digital Sector, the 2-day Business Convention will highlight the Université Paris-Saclay offers in terms of research, education and innovation in the field of Big Data. The purpose of this event is to strengthen relationships between the industry and the members of the Université Paris-Saclay in order to promote collaborative projects and to generate transfer opportunities.
The program is based on the presentation of ongoing projects and technologies from the Université Paris-Saclay and its ecosystem (industrial partners, clusters, academic and industrial chairs ...)
Some key themes:
- Market analysis (definition, size / growth, French specificities, etc.)
- Mapping of training (initial and ongoing) for big data
- Scientific Offer: specific strenghts and know-how in the ecosystem of the Université Paris-Saclay
- Knowledge and practices at the borders of science: case studies involving data producers / users / transformersin many application areas (Health, Transport, Energy, Marketing, CRM, etc.)
See the complete program here.
Exhibition and sponsors
An exhibition space will be available, offering approximately forty stands. The socio-economic actors in the area of Big Data may support this business convention.
Participation in the Convention is free on registration.
Business Convention on Big Data, HEC Paris