Inria startups 2005-2018
The technology companies spin off from Inria manufacture on an industrial scale products originating in research prototypes or disseminate the know-how acquired at the Institute. Their founding teams include former members of Inria.
Startups established in 2018
Denimbo develops software tools for the Internet of Things. The solution makes possible the agile development of device-to-cloud IoT applications by business focused teams.
The start-up offers operators who equip their fields and livestock buildings to automatically analyze surveillance images and alert them if necessary, especially in the event of climatic disturbances.
Nurea is a start-up company that develops decision support and implant personalization software for cardiovascular and thoracic surgery (e.g. aortic stents, tracheal implants, etc.).
OneAngstrom develops and markets SAMSON, the integrated molecular modelling platform.
Complete connected solution to simplify and facilitate the daily life of seniors living alone, family members and professional carers. Via objects connected to the home connected to a secure health data platform, the Home-Assist solution is used in all areas of autonomy.
Startups established in 2017
Biomathematica is a start-up aiming at providing a high level modeling service to characterize and understand a biological process, simulate, monitor, control, optimize and modify its behavior. Biomathematica has developed innovative genome-scale metabolic models and evolutionary models to answer your questions and improve your business: from genome to microbiome, from genome to cell interactions.
Case Law Analytics
Case Law Analytics uses artificial intelligence to model the judicial decision-making process and propose tools to quantify legal risk for legal professionals in SaaS mode.
Ekinnox develops a 3D video walking analysis system for use by healthcare professionals in rehabilitation centres (doctors, kinesitherapists) for diagnostic and treatment monitoring purposes.
Academic research is developing many leading software applications for the processing of genomic data. Enancio is a platform designed to facilitate the use and co-construction of these softwares. This service is aimed at hospital researchers and practitioners, particularly for the diagnosis of cancer.
Go Touch VR
Go Touch VR designs haptic interfaces for virtual or augmented reality systems. The company has developed a portable device equipped with one or more “rings” allowing the user to touch and feel the texture and shape of virtual objects with unparalleled accuracy.
Inheart provides a service equipped with tools for cardiologists, which they can use to plan and guide their catheter ablation procedure using a real-time view of the instruments inside a personalized virtual heart, reconstructed from images of the patient’s heart.
Mars:hello! publishes OperationNetworks, a SaaS solution which--without coding, based on a simple description of communication between teams--deploys a full web data collection app for agile management of operation situations. The information model continuously adapts as the operation progresses.
Open Agora offers companies tools facilitating collective decision making (discuss, vote, decide). The company now offers a complete voting application that is easy to use in the Slack environment. It also offers an API consisting of a software toolbox for determining and analysing a collective opinion.
Starburst Computing is a start-up that develops and sells a software solution permitting and facilitating the interconnection of intelligent devices (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc), for video games for example. In a racing game, the smartphone becomes a rear-view mirror, and the tablet becomes an interactive map, in a matter of clicks.
Sylha is an alternative to the contactless credit card, materialized by a connected coin. It was with a view to the development of a solidarity-based society in mind that the young start-up decided to transfer transaction costs to associations rather than financial institutions. The citizen then decides, through his payment, which local project he wants to transfer them to the democratic financing platform of society.
Therapanacea develops new-generation software with artificial intelligence units, to help medical teams in diagnosing cancer radiation therapy. The company’s vocation is to revolutionize cancer treatment by significantly increasing the precision of existing methods, improving patient safety and survival.
Startups established in 2016
The Ambiciti startup delivers added-value environmental information services to businesses, governments, and people. Leveraging decades of ICT research, the Ambiciti platform is the first to integrate multi-pollutant environmental information from all accessible data sources, including open data, IoT, social networks, crowd-sens/sourc-ing to deliver real-time data onstreet-by-street exposure and risks on multiple environmental pollutants. Ambiciti will promote its brand by providing citizens with personalized environmental awareness.
Can a machine listen to and and talk with a musician, in real time, whilst s/he is playing a piece of music? The Antescofo start-up is attempting to take up this challenge by combining real musical instruments and electronic sound production devices.
iEx.ec offers a fully decentralised Cloud solution based on blockchain technology. The company develops a marketplace without a trusted intermediary, allowing suppliers of IT resources to directly monetise their servers, applications, or data sets directly on the blockchain.
Inalve is industrialising an innovative procedure for the production of microalgae on mobile supports, and is developing high-protein ingredients aimed at the animal and aquacultural feed market in particular.
With Lybero.net, organisations become dataleak proof thanks to the generalisation of cryptography. The start-up simplifies the use, the deployment and the management of cryptography. Its first product is a managed file transfer web software. Encrypted transfer are then possible without setting up any end user software, without exchanging passwords and with an original recovery function for exchanges.
Matrix Lead enables the development of reliable and powerful spreadsheets, and the better use of complex spreadsheets in order to reduce their development and management cost. The company also provides businesses with services including software integration and the scaling of their spreadsheets.
opensquare designed and developed a revolutionary product grounded on artificial intelligence, and it’s only the beginning... Our mission: help organisations unleash the collective intelligence that withholds the answers to the obstacles they face.
Pollen Robotics is developing a set of technologies enabling robots to become part of the domestic world and to facilitate their appropriation by the general public. The start-up is particularly interested in the edutainment uses of these technologies to further learning about the digital sciences.
RealityTech presents a collaborative augmented reality technology. The projection platform makes any table interactive, augmenting the physical objects (properties/capabilities). Contact with these new qualities enriches the user experience and modes of action, opening up a host of possible uses, such as new boardgames, educational applications, and innovative interactive product presentations.
Redant Labs is a startup specialising in consulting and IT development. Oriented towards research and development, the company offers solutions in a variety of IT fields, such as bioinformatics.
SITU8ED models smartphone user behaviours in strict observance of confidentiality. Our analyses provide precise targeting for ‘Drive-to-Store’ type advertising campaigns, which use promotional adverts to prompt the targeted audience to go to the store.
Startups established in 2015
High quality services delivery for and by drones and other unmanned vehicles.
AutoKab proposes Automation Kits for Autos and Buses. The start-up modernises the field of road vehicle automation and transportation since the early 1990’s in cooperation with cities, transit operators, industry and leading research organisations.
Anatoscope proposes a solution combining a 3D model with the medical data and images of a patient in order to create a real-time avatar of the patient.
The Deepomatic start-up is based on deep learning technology to identify e-commerce products in web and mobile images and generate revenues from these images.
iQSpot proposes a solution enabling a reduction in the energy bill of commercial buildings thanks to the involvement of the occupiers. This solution comprises a pack of comfort and consumption sensors for the building, a mobile application for each occupier to inform them of the comfort and consumption of their offices.
Lamark, with Lamark-Metadata commercialises solutions for tattooing and searching collections of images that enable professional photographers to sign and locate their work.
Makitoo is the most recent start-up which commercialises a real-time solution to repair bugs for mobile and PC applications.
Mediego offers a service to customise online content and anticipates the desires of internet users of any website with personalised recommendations. Mediego is based on a collaborative filtering algorithm, making it possible to get pertinent recommendations in real time.
Pixyl has created an IT solution whose specificity is to locate, identify and quantify - from MRI sequences - several types of brain lesions related to pathologies such as multiple sclerosis, brain trauma, cerebrovascular accidents and brain tumours.
Regaind proposes solutions to professional and amteur photographers to sort the pictures for them.
Startups established in 2014
NeoSensys proposes solutions in the field of video surveillance for the mass distribution by combining HD cameras and digital images processing algorithms.
The start-up proposes innovative communication solutions for vehicles and road networks based on both new generation internet technology (IPv6) and on the standards relating to intelligent transport systems (ITS).
XtremLogic provides personalised support and mentoring to prepare the winners for taking on the American markets.
Startups established in 2013
Cryptosense has developed the first software that automatically detects security holes in cryptography used by applications and network installations. The solution is used by players who process sensitive data such as large banks, security hardware and software manufacturers and government agencies.
- InSimo is a start-up working in the field of medical simulation software. Its goal is to launch a new generation of medical simulators on the market. With improved accuracy and shorter development times, the new products will be suitable for a broader range of applications to meet new requirements for planning and performing surgical operations.
- This knowledge engineering and semantic web start-up creates the ideal conditions for industrial production and collaborative use of open-source-intensive R&D project results in the fields of the Open Web and Linked Open Data. It achieves this by promoting synergy among university research labs, local authorities, NGOs and businesses.
- Offers targeted, tailored solutions to businesses that wish to leave manual processing of software maintenance behind them, through the development of "Inventive Toolkit", a software and data analysis tool.
- A device for viewing medical images in the operating theatre. Therapixel offers surgeons an interactive solution for viewing and analysing medical images in the operating room, while guaranteeing totally sterile use. It draws on the latest developments in touchless user interface technology.
Startups established in 2012
- Technology start-up exploring the applications of real-time quantitative neurophysiology for the medical market. Draws on recent advances in the understanding of the brain, signal processing, brain-computer interfaces (BCI) or ECG acquisition methods, to create revolutionary devices for assessing and improving cognitive capacities and treating certain brain diseases.
Startups established in 2011
- Publishes computer solutions for financial engineering
- Contact : Loïc Fejoz
- Software publisher in the field of cooperative mobile applications
- Contact : Pierre Guillaume Raverdy
- New-generation, wireless, self-standing, open-ended instrumentation systems for capturing data related to an environment and physical resources and transferring it to an information system
- Solutions for population analysis in pre-clinical and clinical trials, pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology
- OCamlPro provides services and tools for the speedy development of high-quality software. Its expertise in Ocaml language, application of formal methods and analysis tools, and code optimisation and verification enable it to develop its business in all fields where code correction, high availability and security are important factors.
- Contact : Fabrice Le Fessant
- Publishes software solutions for instrumentation and control and for reducing risks relating to application development
Startups established in 2010
- An expert in traffic engineering (traffic monitoring and management tools), sensor networks and digital computation
- Contact : Denis Jacquet
- Software publisher specialised in Cloud network control: smart orchestration of the Cloud network to build, control and optimise virtual datacenters and Cloud infrastructures
Image analysis software designed for real-time robotic vision based on robust algorithms.
- Publisher of innovative open source and proprietary software to ease access to applications and computing resources
Startups established in 2009
- Publishes software solutions for simulating individual and collective human behaviour
- Designs and implements innovative services based on pervasive computing to create an intelligent environment
VERBATIM ANALYSIS VERA
- Automatic analysis of responses to open-ended questions in opinion surveys
- Contact : Dimitri Tcherniak
Startups established in 2008
- Interactive communication engineering
MOVE & PLAY
- Content management system for individuals
Start-up established in 2007
4D VIEW SOLUTIONS
- Publisher of open source solutions for distributed and parallel computing for faster applications and virtualisation
- Publishes solutions for application telephony and smart call routing
Startups established in 2006
Startups established in 2005
- Software publisher in the field of behaviour recognition and intelligent video surveillance (IVS)
- Video game creation and development
These articles could interest you:
- Research Ambiciti: an application, a start-up
- Start-up Antescofo Antescofo : music and computer science playing the same tune
- i-LAB 2016 3 Inria start-ups awarded
- Logo Lybero.net - Lybero.net Startup Lybero.net provides data protection through ergonomic cryptography.
- Inria start-up Bomotech: personalized support to create a start-up