Call for proposals
Submit your proposal to 6 minutes of Serendipity fOSSa 2013!
Are you currently the leader/owner of an innovative project in the field of web technologies, ubiquitous informatics, Internet of Things ? If your projects meets these criterias, we invite you to promote it by presenting it at 6 minutes of Serendipity (Carrefour des Possibles), hosted by EuraTechnologies in Lille, on November, 20th 2013. Take care : proposals accepted until September, 27th 2013.
During fOSSa 2013, the Fing organises an edition of 6 minutes of Serendipity (Carrefour des Possibles), with its partners EuraTechnologies and Inria.
What are the awaited projects
Proposals must be presented in the form of use scenarios, ie : you must demonstrate how your service is to be utilized from a user’s perspective (including user profile, usage context, and tasks to be performed). In addition, an outline of the principles of your business model must be included in your application. Proposals that represent a break with the existing market will be preferred!
While this Call for Proposals is open to anyone, priority consideration will be given to projects submitted by start-ups, research laboratories, SOHOs and small businesses; we will also consider submissions made by larger companies.
Your project should focus on one of the following areas:
- Ubiquitous informatics (mobility, safety, data, HCI)
- Internet of Thing (RFID, domotics, quantified self, health)
The present Call for Proposals is open to any person or entity (company, non-profit organisation, network, individual, designer, etc.). Projects are specifically sought from the following countries or regions : Europe, Turkey, Russia, Brazil, and India, but innovators from other countries are welcome!
- Now through September 27th : proposal submissions
- October 8th : group pre-selection briefing
- November 8th : scenario building workshop
- November 20th am : Project debriefing and final review
What's in for you ?
Even before the official selections are made, all submissions will benefit from front-line exposure to the Fing team and the combined network of Inria and Euratechnologies partners. In addition, during the briefing stage you may encounter other projects that mesh or interact with your own.
What’s more, your application:
- is an excellent exercise in "use-oriented" communication (written, oral and multimedia)
- will place you directly in line for unique, personalized feedback from EuraTechnologies, Fing and Inria
- provides you with qualitative opportunities to expand your network of contacts
- may increase your reputation with key stakeholders, and offers access to potential partners for further experimentation
These articles could interest you:
Submit your proposal
Submit your proposal to 6 minutes of Serendipity - fOSSa 2013
Now through September 27th
Group pre-selection briefing
Scenario building workshop
Project debriefing and final review