MCTAO Research team
Mathematics for Control, Transport and Applications
The core endeavor of McTao is to develop methods in control theory for finite-dimensional nonlinear systems, as well as new contributions to optimal transport, and to be involved in real applications of these techniques.
Some mathematical fields like dynamical systems and optimal transport may benefit from control theory techniques.
Apart from this, our primary domain of industrial applications will be space engineering, namely designing trajectories in space mechanics using optimal control and stabilization techniques: transfer of a satellite between two Keplerian orbits, rendez-vous problem, transfer of a satellite from the Earth to the Moon or more complicated space missions. A second field of applications is quantum control with applications to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and medical image processing.
A second field of applications is quantum control with applications to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and medical image processing.
A third and more recent one is the control of micro-swimmers, i.e. swimming robots where the fluid-structure coupling has a very low Reynolds number.
Research teams of the same theme :
- CAGE - Control and Geometry
- COMMANDS - Control, Optimization, Models, Methods and Applications for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems
- DISCO - Dynamical Interconnected Systems in COmplex Environments
- FACTAS - Functional Analysis for ConcepTion and Assessment of Systems
- I4S - Statistical Inference for Structural Health Monitoring
- QUANTIC - QUANTum Information Circuits
- SPHINX - Heterogeneous Systems: Inverse Problems, Control and Stabilization, Simulation
- TRIPOP - Modeling, Simulation and Control of Nonsmooth Dynamical Systems
- TROPICAL - Tropical methods: structures, algorithms and interactions